Log in if you have an account
Dont have an account? Register
Rhubarb + Cucumber Smash
For the rhubarb syrup
1 cup fresh rhubarb, chopped
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
For the cocktail
1 1/2 oz. Maison Selby Cucumber Gin or Unfiltered Gin 22
3/4 oz. rhubarb syrup
3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
3 dashes Dillon’s Rhubarb Bitters
2 oz. Soda water
Cucumber slices (to muddle) and garnish
1. Make the syrup. In a small saucepan add the rhubarb, sugar and water. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a low boil. Remove from heat and mash the rhubarb with the back of a spoon. Let it cool and steep. Once cooled, strain into a jar pressing the rhubarb to get all the flavour.
2. In a mason jar, muddle 2 cucumber slices.
3. Add gin, syrup, lemon juice and bitters with ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake for 10-15 seconds.
4. Add ice to fill your glass.
5. Strain cocktail into glass, top with soda water and garnish with cucumber slice or ribbon.